Thursday, March 25, 2010

Project A Rational

Essentially i have used blogger to post my assignment for a couple of reasons.  For one it is a very user friendly blog host that is easy navigate and edit on.  I was able to create my information site, in the way i wanted with one of the preset layouts and with minimal changes.  As my site is a guide for people, having it on blogger allows more of a potential for a number of users to come across it.  Blogger is a very popular blogging site and the chances are i will reach a greater audience by using the service.
There are a number of hyperlinks within the text that send the reader to relevant information sites about the specified topic.  Although i tend to explain most of what might be difficult to understand, i still placed the links so that an intelligent reader has the opportunity to a. clarify what iv said, and b. have an opportunity to further learn about the topic.  To begin with i manually coded in the relevant HTML to add hyperlinks in the HTML editing option on blogger.  Later did i realise that there was an more efficient tool in the basic editor option.  Thus ended my HTML coding.
There exists are very comprehensive website dedicated to Freeview already, however i feel as if my blog page and the website www.freeview.com.au offer different information.  My stand point was to inform the reader about what Freeview exactly was, and how it applied to their television watching.  As well as this i also give consumer advice about relevant products as well as background information about the technologies.  The blog page design is in my opinion is very simple, however well laid-out with clear readable text, easy to navigate and clear of clutter.  My goal was to give the reader and opportunity to learn whilst avoiding confusion and distraction.  I have included also videos of interest and list of websites of recommended brands relevant to Freeview.  This gives the reader an opportunity to further research products discussed in my blog site.
Blogger is a very dynamic and useful blogging site for those who are new to blogging, however offers the opportunity for an experienced coder to customise to his or her delight.  For myself minimal coding was needed, and i mostly relied on the gadget tools as well the basic editor to post images, videos and slide-presentation that ultimately gave my site a professional and intriguing design.                      

No comments:

Post a Comment